Hit The Road With A Summer Emergency Kit
Summer is definitely here and if you are hitting the road with the family, we want you to be prepared. If YOU have ever been stuck on the side of the road, you know how important it can be! So this week, we’re going to go through some must have items for your summer emergency kit.
Before you hit the road make sure you have a spare tire, a lug nut wrench, and jack. If it is safe to do so, you’ll be happy to have your spare and all necessary equipment to change a tire. But, if it isn’t your thing – remember you can always call us. We’re happy to call a tow truck to come and get you no matter where you are located in BC. In the case that you are stranded, you’ll need an emergency kit.
Fill yours with the following:
FOOD AND WATER
Go with something that won’t spoil easily. Energy bars are great as they generally last a long time and will give you the calories you need to keep going. Keep water in plastic bottles that will not break when they freeze.
Indispensible for boosting a dead battery.
Always keep a blanket in your kit. This will definitely come in handy! Tow trucks can take a LONG time, and you might be in a situation where you’re stuck for an extended period of time.
In the case that you are stuck you will be extremely happy to have this tool. Remember to ONLY attempt digging yourself out if it is safe to do so.
WIND UP FLASHLIGHT AND EMERGENCY LIGHTS
Get yourself a wind-up flashlight! Batteries in regular flashlights can die over time, especially in temperature fluctuations. Emergency lights/flares are great for signaling other drivers or even signaling help in an emergency.
FIRST AID KIT
Self-explanatory and ALWAYS a good idea to keep with you.
What happens if you need to find your way with a dead phone and no GPS? You’ll be happy you went old school and brought a paper road map!
SOME OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS
- Extra phone charger
Remember to stay safe this season, and have a plan of action in the case of an emergency on the road.
- All Season Tires Not For All Seasons Mar 28, 2018
- Fall Car Maintenance Checks Sept 1, 2017
- Wayne’s Shop Story: Out of Integra-ty and Aligned with Integra-ty. March 14, 2017
- Air Conditioning and Your Car – Cool Advice! August 23, 2016
- Is Your Car Keeping It’s Cool August 1, 2016
- 5 Ways To Have A Safe Roadtrip This Summer July 1, 2016
- Summer Road Trip June 1, 2016
- Best Road Trip Apps May 1, 2016
- Winter Tires on Yet November 24, 2014
- When should you replace your wiper blades? Oct 20, 2014
- 10 reasons to store your all-season tires heading into winter! October 3, 2014
- Can you see me? September 15, 2014
- Hit The Road With A Summer Emergency Kit July 30, 2014