Fall Car Maintenance Checks
While you’re getting ready for the changing season, don’t forget that your car needs to make sure it’s ready as well. Different temperatures and weather patterns can affect your vehicle’s abilities, so it’s important that you come to Integra Tire to get your automobile checked out to ensure it’s safe. When you make a maintenance service appointment we'll be sure to check these things:
Heaters & Defrosters – Fall morning frosts can come out of no where, so it’s important that you make sure you car’s heaters and defrosters are working. There’s nothing more annoying than being right on schedule to get to work on time, only to go outside and see your car’s windshield completely frosted over!
Windshield Wipers – Check to make sure your vehicle’s windshield wipers are streak and squeak-free now. Typically drivers discover their wiper blades aren’t good when they really need them in the middle of a rainstorm – don’t be one of those drivers.
Tires – Changing temperatures cause your tire pressure to fluctuate. Any time your tires aren’t properly inflated you are losing fuel efficiency and drivability! Check your tire pressure as well as tire tread. Slippery roads only intensify when the temperatures drop, so good tire tread of at least 3/32 inches is necessary.
Cooling System – While it may seem strange to check your cooling system when winter is coming, your cooling system is still very active when the temperatures drop. We'll look at your radiator, belts and hoses, as cold temperatures can especially affect these parts.
Steering and Suspension – It's also important to look over your steering system, suspension and front-end alignment. We recommend getting this done at least once a year, and before winter sets in is a perfect time.
Oil Change – most vehicles require an oil change every 5,000 - 8,000 kms. Since your automobile is already going to be at the shop getting these other fall car maintenance services performed, there’s a good chance it’s due for an oil change as well! Make it easy on yourself and get this completed now as well, rather than having to make a special trip later.
If you have any questions about your car’s maintenance services this Fall, simply drop by Integra Tire. Our friendly, expert team is always here to help! You can also give us a call or easily schedule your appointment online to get your car ready for winter.
- Fall Car Maintenance Checks Sept 1, 2017
- Wayne’s Shop Story: Out of Integra-ty and Aligned with Integra-ty. March 14, 2017
- Air Conditioning and Your Car – Cool Advice! August 23, 2016
- Is Your Car Keeping It’s Cool August 1, 2016
- 5 Ways To Have A Safe Roadtrip This Summer July 1, 2016
- Summer Road Trip June 1, 2016
- Best Road Trip Apps May 1, 2016
- Winter Tires on Yet November 24, 2014
- When should you replace your wiper blades? Oct 20, 2014
- 10 reasons to store your all-season tires heading into winter! October 3, 2014
- Can you see me? September 15, 2014
- Hit The Road With A Summer Emergency Kit July 30, 2014